A small boy and a girl in a boat

Sunday August 9th 2009
Some simple paddle practice
After getting out quite a bit in my boat, I thought I'd try and get Connor paddling his mini sit-on-top.
Firstly I took him out for a blast around the bay in the micro bat, which for some reason wanted to constantly turn left, It was difficult to keep straight.
When I got Connor in his boat, I was surprised to see he had put on a lot of weight since last year, I don't think he'll be able to paddle this next year, it is sitting very low in the water and filled up easily with any breaking water.
He did OK with the paddle, I noted that I would need to mark his grip position with tape for next time though, he kept finding his way to the end of the shaft.


Cerys fancied ago, but soon found me dragging her up and down in the shallow water much more to her liking!

No comments: