Well that was a complete waste of time.

Saturday 16th July 2011

After 3 weeks or so of almost solid hard graft, I had made up my mine to go over to Angelesy for a 1st sea trip in th enew kayak.
The weather has been great for two weeks, but then as we all know - it deteriated Ffriday, with F3 to F5 forecast for Saturday.
A quick chat with Taran, who was camped on a beach on Anglesey (in the final throws of his round Wales trip) comfirmed it was blustery.
I normally use metcheck to get a feel for the weather, and it was favourable. So I decided to load up the car, fuel up and go to bed early.
The plan was to get up at about 0130hrs and set off steady over to Borthwen to go with the flood to Porth Dafrach and return on the ebb.
Well simply put: 'I couldn't sleep' making the driving a bit dangerous.
So I switched off the alarm and abandoned the whole thing, oh to live near the sea.....

1 comment:

Stuart sea kayk said...

Not much of a summer is it. Although I don't think living by the sea helped this weekend.