She's here!

Sunday 26th June 2011

A new era

Stuart said: I bet your like a kid at Christmas.
When I arrived at Brookbank Stockport today, I was exited to say the least. I was finally (after 3 months of waiting, and almost 6 months of being without a sea boat) going to be going home with my new adventure partner!

Never named a boat before but: here she is.....Lavita-Sue.
The name is one of a good freind of mine who has helped me to get her home, I am most gratefull for the assistance given.

It wouldn't have been right going home past the canal without getting her wet!
So in the steaming heat, I worked my way through the crowds of towpath walkers and launched for the first of hopefully many trips together.
Unlike last weekend when it was a little overcast and drizzly, today was clear, sunny and hot. It seemed to make all the house boat owners go for a trip out, really busy.
As I paddled I thought I could feel something crawling on my legs in the cockpit, popping the deck I found it was beads of sweat trickling down my calfs! Never had that before.

Trying to capture the grin I must have permanently as I paddled was difficult, I am happy, honest!

Oh, and as everything is going down in size or loosing weight (Ha Ha), here's the new deck bag. A bit dear really, but nice. The old one (Northwater Peaked, black and bigger) is going on a well know internet auction site this week unless someone wants to buy it? 
I'm really pleased with this picture, I reckon its sitting about right in the water. Although I havn't got all my kit with me!

Arriving back home, I gave the hull a good scrub, T-cut and a polish. Looking good now, a couple of un-moveable marks but otherwise good.
Should I fit a keels strip now, or wait till later?

In her new home. The newly extended deck (yes, for the kayak) fitted perfectly.
Connor was really excited as we spent some of yesterday constructing a lift up door for it, and he couldn't wait to use it!
So there we are, the wait has been a somewhat anxious one at times, traditionally I've not really been one for waiting, or saving, or paying for things with my money instead of a credit card. This whole process has marked lots of changes. Selling the Aqaunuat back in Febuary was a difficult decision to take, it did however put money in the bank when we needed it ( I know the new owner will be enjoying it, in fact it went straight up to Scotland from here on 2 weeks of adventure).
No more credit cards! Plenty of adventure!
Heres to many happy years together!

5 comments:

Stuart sea kayk said...

That's a very nice boat, well happy for you. That's the colour I've been fancying as well. Bet you can't wait till the end of the month now.

How much do you want for the deck bag? I'm probably going to need one for the new boat or even the wooden one.

stoney (Martyn) said...

I definately can't wait, going to try and squeeze an Angelsey trip in between now and then, although got to pay for holiday aswell now!

Deck bag, £20 sound alright? Will post (included) It has lanyard sewn in to the inside with Karibiner to secure things, easily removed by unpicking stitching though, get my mobile from Taran if you want to sort it!

stoney (Martyn) said...

Oh, and I just remembered, when I got to Brookbank on Sunday, theres a nice 2nd hand Reval standard 18' in white Diolen for an amazing £695! Looks good with keel strip and not too much wear, thier customer is desperate!

Richard said...

Looks a cracking boat, great you got it on the water straight away even if the water wasn't salty!
When are you down West? Hopefully I will try and get down for a weekwnd when you are there.

stoney (Martyn) said...

I know, I'm really excited! We are down from the 30th July for two weeks, Can't wait now, hopefully going to try and get to angelsey before as well ( I need the practice).