Got to go home today......

Monday 25th April 2011

Time for one more trip

Today, we went from the campsite after packing up (and managing to get it all back in the car), down to Newborough Forest. I'd seen this place on the map before, and had planned to make it there on a future sea trip. I'm really glad we went there I will return.
Another long walk as the tide was out, There was a strong constant off-shore wind today.


 
The plan was to keep the shorter boats on the shore edge, and allow the sea boats to go sea-side. I noticed a few people having fun with  the following wind! It was something that they had not experieced before, and couldn't work out why their kayaks kept turning and semmingly having a mind of their own.

Here is Warren in his brand new carbon Tiderace xcite - very tasty

Seemed a bit strange paddling with trees lining the shore but the view was amazing.

Arriving at Llanddwyn Island. I knew nothing about this place until we returned home and there was a program on about Angelsey - the place where the newly wed Royals will live.
Apparently this is lovers island, and is the most romantic place on Angelsey.

A few of us went around the headlands and found loads of rock islands and channels to paddle around.

Loads of young birds on the rocks, not flying off but looking very inquisitive.

Climbing up onto the island the view would have been great if I hadn't managed to get the lens soaking wet on the journey over.

We took over yet another beach for lunch, and then on the way back, I put the camera away as we were to paddle into the wind.
I led the group, trying to slow them down and keep us together. Stopping now and then we did really well, what I did notice though was as I was in the short boat, I got really wet from the bow spray. This coupled with the headwind made my head freeze! I wasn't wearing a hat today, as I was trying to blend my forehead into the rest of my face having worn one all day yesterday and eding up with a perfect lin on the forehead.
Another tiny trip. Good fun, and it shows that whatever you're doing on the sea, theres alway something to learn. My lesson for today was: Wear a hat, cold wet head not good.
I'm definately going to include this area in a future trip - just as soon as the sea boat is in my possesion.
Great weekend - thanks to Phil for the organisation, and everyone else for the great company.

3 comments:

Stuart sea kayk said...

Looks like you had a great weekend away, bet you can't wait for your new boat!

stoney (Martyn) said...

We certainly did, and I certainly can't!

Richard said...

Surely not too long to wait now? Any idea on the date yet?