Saturday morning in the park

Saturday 20th Sept

Having decided that I should try to spend more leisure time with the family we all went to the local park this morning. The sun was shining, the ground dry. Myself and Connor (3yr old) went on our bikes, Mum and Cerys 5 months walking with the pram.
Adele has been taking Connor regulary around the park on his balance bike (bike without pedals-velocipeed). She had told me he had been riding down the slopes and jumps in the woods no problem at all so we went in.
Adele was right, he was up and down the ramps and slopes no worries at all, when we were ready to leave though it all went wrong.......
Connor set off around a hole the kids had dug out, and his front wheel just went over the edge of the slope pulling him in, his speed picking up as he shot down the slope into a dip. A dip full of bits of brick, stones and broke sticks and branches! He made it through and part way up the other side. The look of horror on his face mde me feel so helpless, I couldn't do anything to help him, just look on as he rode it out. Just as I thought he'd got away with it... down he went, the bars spun and he flipped over the top landing heavily on his back.
I ran over, scooped him up, and turned around to see Adele marching towards me looking worried. He was Ok and with a grazed shin and the odd bruise, we gave him some chocolate and he was back on the bike hurtling around the park again.
On the way home we passed the ramps in the woods, "I'm not going in there anymore dad"! I'm sure we'll get back in one day, but for now we'll stick to the paths of the park.

1 comment:

51˚N Seakayaking said...

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for taking the time to follow my blog. I hope Connor is ok and back on his bike, I know what its like to crash. See you on the water sometime.

Noel.