A ride through the darkness

Thursday 18th Sept 1900hrs start

Well, having struggled with an aching back all week, I decided to go out biking after all. I was running late so met the others at Crookhill farm above the start of the Snakepass. The lads had already done an up-down-up loop at this point so I should be able to keep up knowing there was a very good downhill coming, and an escape route if my back was playin up. The route had been changed though, and we were now going down to and across the A57, straight up the other side and then straight back down again. It is my favorite descent (called Lord of the Rings), its location remains a secret though!
After a slog around the side of Ladybower reservior and then a steep climb up a logging track we were on the lower slopes of win hill ready for the last decent to the cars. My back had stood up well and I wasn't last to the top of the last climb either.
The weather was dry, the ground wet but surprisingly grippy.
6 riders plus my self made it out this week, none of whom suffered any mechanicals or crashes.

No comments: