Finally arrived back in the best place in the world

Saturday 10th April 2010

A little warm up paddle for my arms

After going to bed early last night, and then not being able to sleep. The drive down was testing.




Once on the beach, the kids were settled in very quickly, it was that lovely smooth sea behind I was desperate for!

Just before I left the beach at Porthsele, Richard arrived back from his epic paddle around the Bishops & Clerks. This group of 4 kayakers had been around the Island of Ramsey. I was only heading over to Porth Melgan and maybe a little further.
Whitesands beach was fairly busy, it wasn't as warm as it looked, but obviously people were out enjoying the sunshine.

There was very little swell, but this almost submerged cave was spitting out the air as it filled with each wave rolling in.

Looking out from the deep cave entrance, in the distance the is the rock island of South Bishop, with its lighthouse perched on top. This was where Richard had been earlier today.

This cave fascinates me, and at some point I will remember to take along a big torch. I want to see just how far back it actually goes.

After leaving the cave, I noticed this mark just at the tip og my kayak bow. It looked like a crease or an impact mark, but just out of my eyes range to decide what it was, I took this picture and zoomed in to see if it shed any light. Later I examined the boat to find nothing, it must have been simply water drying in the sun.
As I left here and paddled around to Porth Melgan, the battery ran out on the camera so I have no further pics.
I passed across the mouth of Whitesands bay, and on down to St Johns Point, and then down to St Justinians. There were a couple climbing on the slab rocks nearby.

Only a short paddle, but a good warm-up after such a long car journey.
Will hopefully get out somewhere with Richard tommorrow.

No comments: