We have been riding.....honest

Mud, mud, mud, mud, mud.......................

I havn't made it out for a full ride since the last post, but I have managed to meet the rest of the guys somewhere en-route.
It has been (as my title says) mud, mud, mud. As the rear tyre (swampthing) is almost worn out it has made the muddy climbs 'interesting' to say the least, because I've been riding the hardtail bike, there is less traction compliance, and it goes from Ok to spinning wheel in an instant.
On the other hand, because i've been relativly fresh when ive met the lads (who have been out for 2 hours already) I've been quick and composed on the down hills. The bike on the other hand has been absolutely caked in the stuff afterwards and has needed the jet wash just to get the chain to rotate.
Only one more ride left this year, on a Thursday anyway, there's our annual 'Christmas walk' next week, and we'll no doubt get out once or twice during the Christmas break. I'll post what happens here......

Merry Christmas all

No comments: